Pages

5.22.2013

Not my idea of a diet...

Ugh, I spoke too soon it seems.  Kody & I have been home sick since yesterday.  I started throwing up Monday night around 11:00 & it didn't stop until 3:00am.  My poor kiddo got sick within hours of me so the both of us were a sight to see.  Thankfully my darling sweetheart John was there to clean up after us both & take care of us.  I really am a lucky girl.

So here I am lounging around with the kiddo, watching Madagascar 3, and feeling like I've been hit by a truck!  In the midst of tossing my cookies I couldn't help but think what would this be like if my band was in place?  I literally emptied my entire body.  If food is tight going down what's it like coming back up?  This is probably a little much for some, if so I apologize, but I want the nitty gritty dirty details.  For some reason when I get sick I empty out completely, I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that I no longer have a gall bladder or what, but I can't just stop when the food it out of my belly.  Then I feel like I've been hit by a truck for several days as a result of the constant heaving.  Oh joy!

Tonight my niece is graduating from preschool but I don't think we'll go, I don't want to get anyone else sick.  I'm sad because they're moving to CO in a few weeks so my time with them is dwindling.  My sister & I have never been super close, until the past year or so.  This is really sad since my John gets along with her hubby Jon (yeah that's not confusing) and the two of us have been getting along, too.  At least CO isn't too far away, but it still sucks.  So we're going to get pictures done for the kiddos since it's been a few years.  Then they're off to CO June 16th.  Sadface.

I can't wait for the long weekend ahead.  It'll be nice to get out into the sunshine & just relax!

3 comments:

  1. You know I have been throwing up sick a couple of times but I try really hard to keep drinking water so that I always have something to throw up and no dry heaves...I have heard of some banders needing to get fluid removed because all the throwing up caused swelling with the band. I have not had that issue yet...cross fingers and hope I don't! Hope you guys feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a very hard time puking now. I have to be violently ill to be able to get stuff to come out. It sucks because sometimes that's the only way to feel better. And now when I DO throw up, it takes a lot longer and requires more effort? Eeeewww... sorry if I'm grossing you out. Like Jenn, I've heard some bandsters needs to get fluid removed but that's never happened to me. Feel better sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that both of you are sick! I hate being sick (who doesn't?) I hope you are up and about and feeling better as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter